Yes that's right. I've been feeling run down. I don't know what the deal is, I just feel overwhelmed, busy busy busy and tired. Could it be the rigorous workout schedule I assign myself each week? Probably.
I think it's going to be an early spring this year. Last week it got up to around 50+ degrees already- that's absolutely not normal for the first week of February. So we went outside to play. Cabin fever can be a big problem this time of year for us. I still want to take a trip to see our family in California and go to Disneyland (hint hint Shawn :).
I hosted a baby shower for my good friend Julie. It turned out great. We had a lot of fun and she got some very good loot! Can I just say that I make the best snickers salad around? :)
This is more personal but I still want to write my feelings down. In a few weeks Shawn is having surgery to..... ahem.... take away our ability to be parents again. I have some mixed emotions. It's hard making things permanent. But he and I both agree that we are maxed out. We want to be able to give our attention, love and time to the 4 we have. I can't really imagine doing the pregnancy nausea- throw up thing one more time, or getting up all night long again either. Not to mention I am scared of the possibility of having postpartum depression/anxiety again. I think maybe those are some signals that I am done as well. However, I don't know that it makes me feel any less sad. Anyways, I"m finding it makes me look at my kids different. I am loving on Brooks way more than usual (which was a lot already). I know he's my 'Baby' and I don't want him to grow up. There is something so fun and cute about having a little one around. He is at such a cute age. He repeats a lot of what we say. He says and does funny things and he is super smart.
Gavin and Dallin had SEP's conferences at school a couple weeks ago. Both are doing great. Well, Dallin has some things to work on. He's a little slow with Math. He has some trouble with his attention span. I know that with faith and time hopefully things can get better for him. But Dallin has talents in other areas as well. He is super creative. He loves music. We bought him a recorder at school and he plays that. We also bought Dallin a guitar and he is currently taking private lessons. His teacher is amazing!
Gavin's school work is always over the top. He never has trouble with anything. Earlier this year, his teacher told me that he has surpassed the elementary reading comprehension scale. She gave him a really hard book about the civil war to read and then tested him. He and another boy in his class were the only two that passed the comprehension test on it. So proud of him.

8 comments:
I loved the post. So many cute pics! The shower did turn out so fun and beautiful and I can't tell you how much I appreciated it or your friendship. Love ya!
Love what you have done with your place! It's gorgeous! Also may I add you have quite the adorable family!
You DO have such great kids. I love them! It also reflects how awesome you and Shawn are as parents! Way to go. Sure love you guys and miss you. I wish all the time that we lived closer..
Yes, yes, YEEESSS, you must take to trip to California to play with us! I need to get my hands on those cute kids! Love em!
I love those kids! I love you and Shawn too! I can't wait to be closer to you guys. Sorry we missed you this last weekend. The girls were so sad they didn't get to see Maile. Hope you guys are well and hopefully we will be up there soon. Love you Lil.
Thanks for posting the countertops, they look BEAUTIFUL!
You are such a cute hostess. The shower looked amazing! So fun to see Kira on here, and I want to hear more about this Snicker salad.
I love your GRANITE!!! GORGEOUS!!!
can I just tell you how much we all love that Dallin... man that kid just cracks us up. glad he and Tyler are still good buddies despite the move :)
Hi Lily! I like my pic. Its nice to see i actually exist from time to time. i really do need to get a cam!
Post a Comment