Shawn * Lily * Gavin * Dallin * Maile * Brooks

Sunday, June 13, 2010

"Thanks for taking care of me, and thanks for taking care of my heart!"

Last week Maile had her exam for her bicuspid heart valve. She has grown up so much since her very first appointment 3 years ago where she screamed the entire time. This has become kind of a anxious and emotional appointment for us. There is always the chance that the valve will narrow or that it will leak causing weakness and trouble breathing. If either of those things happened she would either have a balloon catheter procedure to open up the valve,or a open heart surgery repair which is very scary. We are so thankful for the excellent Pediatric Cardiologist our primary Pediatrician referred us too. She is top notch. The appointment went well without any signs of troubles for little Maile. However she does have to go in for an Echo cardiogram this week to check for what is called a 'silent leak' which they say does happen. It isn't heard by stethoscope.
One thing that I have to write down about his appointment. After the Doctor left the room and we were free to leave, we came out into the hall and saw the Doctor again and unprompted Maile said to her: 'thanks Dr. for taking care of me and for taking care of my heart. bye bye!". Tears stung my eyes! The Doctor had a big grin. She gave her a big hug and all the women out in the front office heard it all and they just ate her up. They gave her toys and treats and praise. What a little sweetie.

We have faith that this will not pose a problem for our little Maile, hopefully until her 50's-60's. Her little spirit is so strong and we know that there is a beautiful plan for her life in this mortal experience.



10 comments:

Kira And James Morris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kira And James Morris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kira And James Morris said...

I didn't know that about little Miss Maile. She is so cute. I just want to dress her up and play with her hair. Could i one day adopt her? Do you think she would like me? You are so lucky and blessed, and Ill keep her in my prayers, with that being said... You are such a good mom, I really like the picture of you holding her hand. That's precious.

Maren said...

I'm glad it went ok. We have loved working with the cardiologist too. We are heading there in July for Paxton's check up. I am always nervous about it too.

Liz said...

Well apparently there is nothing but sweetness in that big heart of hers! What a tender girl! You obviously have raised her well Lily! I love that you journaled about her thank-you to the doctor... what a sweet memory!

Scott and Michelle said...

I am so glad to hear that things went well. You guys are being watched for. See ya soon :)

Merri Hackett said...

Oh so glad everything looks good so far. I didn't know she had any problems either! She's a tough little girl!

The Foulgers said...

What a sweet story. I'm glad it all went well.

Jyl said...

Wow, I had no idea! what a gorgeous girl, she is in my prayers!

The Foulgers said...

So I was planning on running it, but I don't think I'm ready for it by any stretch of the imagination! I think I'll get ready and set my butt on the parade route and try the race next year.:)
BTW I haven't seen you lately, I miss seeing you. My hubby said that you've been there really early lately. We still need to have a GNO, maybe next week.