Shawn * Lily * Gavin * Dallin * Maile * Brooks

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Dad

Below is a recording that my Dad made in the early 1980's. He grew up learning to play the guitar. He ended up making his own guitars and kept the nicest one and played it my whole life.
I grew up listening to my Dad play and sing. He taught my 9 siblings and I the value and power of music. All of us have gone on to play instruments and sing. (I am classically trained on the piano).

It is very emotional for me to listen to recordings like this because I have always been very close to my Dad. I am his youngest Daughter and am a true daddy's girl. A couple of months ago he found out he has cancer in his kidney. He also is currently fighting prostate cancer, is in kidney failure, and has had stents placed in his heart in the last two years.

I am scared for the day my parents pass away. A part of me would die as well. I cannot say that my life will be the same. Is it wrong to pray for the 2nd coming of the Savior? So that I, and all those that I love can be 'twinkled' instead of witnessing or suffering the mortal death? Well, I do pray for that. I am very tender hearted about losing my loved ones, and very sensitive to death.

Every time I see my Dad now he seems a little bit older and a little more feeble, and it hurts my heart. I am so thankful I was born to him. He is a quiet man, but quite the man. He has taught me more than anyone in this life has, or ever will. Love you Dad. I'll always be your baby with 'brown eyes".

4 comments:

Kira And James Morris said...

Dear Lily.
You are very tender hearted. That I know for sure. You have a big pretty "brown eyes" and a super huge heart <3 and that is why you have that sensitivity becuase you truly care. Which is why you are so truly beautiful not just on the outside, but the inside too. Its a hard subject to talk about.. death. My personal belief is we can pray about anything we want to. If its important to you, then its important to God. We just need to listen to the answer we receive and ask for comfort to get through it. I am sorry about your Dads health. Watching someone you love suffer is never easy. however dont give up hope. I dont know what the future holds, but I do know that miracles happen every day, and I dont mean little coincidences.(not that those are not) I mean real true the core miracles. Also whatever happens. Have Faith. Whatever happens is for the Best. Trust in God. (He knows all) in the mean time.. You have friends (like ME :D) to count on and be there right your side the entire time! Love you girl.

Liz said...

Lily - I am so deeply sorry you and your family are going through this right now. I don't think it's wrong at all to wish for the second coming to hurry up and come. This life really, truly SUCKS sometimes... and when we have the beliefs that we do - why not? Why not just wish for the joy and happiness to finally arrive and be here? I'm with you sweetie pie! I'm with you on that one for sure! The deep love that exists between daddies and their girls is a connection that is never lost. I'm the same way with my dad that you are with yours... I'm a daddy's girl... and I fear the day that is inevitable to come. It's a fear I've had for a long time. I wish you weren't living through this difficult trial right now, but I pray that sweet and cherished moments will be gathered along the way as you journey through these hard times. Life is sweet. Even during the bitter times, life has a mysterious way of bringing you tender moments you'll always remember.

Love to you and your family Lily!

Merri Hackett said...

I hope for the best for your Dad Lily! It's never easy when a loved one is ill, especially when it's a parent! He's very talented!

Nicole said...

lily
what a talented man! that was a beautiful song. so sorry to hear about your dad's situation. watching people you love suffer is very hard. i'll keep your family in my prayers.