Shawn * Lily * Gavin * Dallin * Maile * Brooks

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A surgery, and it was soo not fun!




Maybe it doesn't look like a big deal, but believe me it was! Shawn tore a deep ligament in his shoulder this summer at Lake Powell. Yeeaah, you see this is why I am such a girly girl and a whimp about being pulled behind the boat. I don't want to get hurt.

So the last week in November Shawn had surgery from a very experienced orthopedic surgeon named Dr. Nielson ( BYU football team surgeon).
Let's just say... it sucked. He had a block in his shoulder that lasted for the first 10 hours after surgery. It wore off during the night and he woke me up at 1 am in extreme pain, crying and rocking back and forth. It was pretty sad. He can't move his shoulder much until the 5 week mark.
The first 2 weeks after his surgery I worked my rear off taking care of everything around the house and him. He could hardly sit up, get dressed, button his pants , pour a drink without my assistance. Good thing I am a nice and loving kinda gal. I was there at all times to help :) He's doing much better now and this coming Monday he will be at the 4 week mark. Then after the new year he starts physical therapy. FUN! Be careful next time hun! Love you!

No comments: