Shawn * Lily * Gavin * Dallin * Maile * Brooks

Monday, June 30, 2008

Lake Powell 2008







Last week we met Shawn's family at Lake Powell. What a blast we had and so nice to relax a bit and get away from our daily grind. We had a lot of fun on the houseboat and cruising around on the Jet ski. Shawn and I got to escape on it a few times without kids for an hour or two and take in the breathtaking views of Lake Powell. If you have never been there- your are totally missing out on some of the most beautiful formations in the world.

One set back was the night before we were supposed to leave, Maile started running a fever. So after monitering her for a few hours, Shawn and I decided it was best that we take her to the Doctor the next morning to be examined. Turned out she had strep throat and she was put on antibiotics. We thought our trip may have been over at that point- but Shawn's family didn't seem to mind that we brought a sick girl. We all kept our hands washed and her away from everyone the first day. After two days she was feeling fine.

All in all, is was a good time and now we are all tan. :)

10 comments:

Tammy said...

that sounds like so much fun! I love the slide on the boat! Thank goodness Maile is feeling better. being sick is never fun for both of you!

Campbellite said...

I love Lake Powell. That's great you got to go with the family. We should do a Campbell family reunion at Lake Powell sometime. Senga and I loved going there, such great memories. The kids looked like they were having loads of fun.
Joni

Steff said...

I'm so jealous. We love Lake Powell. I'm glad you got to have a nice get-a-way. That place is the best.

Thanks for your nice comment on our blog. It has been a bit of a rough week and it's a nice feeling that our neighbors have our back and are there for support. We're so glad to have you as our neighbors.

Anonymous said...

Lily!! I'm so jealous! I LOVE lake powell! The reunion wasn't the same without you there!:)) Do you remeber Tiffany Kirkman? She was there and she looked AMAZING!!!! I didn't even know it was her at first! She is doing really well and has one little boy. I told her to get a blog so we can all keep in touch. Hopefully she will. I know I always say this but man your kids are SO DARLING!!!! I luv Brooks little picture it reminds me of my Chase:))

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

Sooo fun! I can't wait till we go in July. I hope we come back with the kind of tans that all of you have. Sure love you guys and can't wait to see you all again.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lilly! Joe Tuiaana here...that's hilarious you remembered me...most people who remember me are always like "yeah, you were loud and annoying dude from Jr High...". It's hilarious how you remebered me trying to get you to call "Rob"! I have to think it was my friend Rob Kurtz (who I wasn't too close with to be honest)...that's too funny. It looks like you and you're family is doing well! Awesome! Drop by the Tui blog sometime!
tuiaana@blogspot.com

Aloha jt

Anonymous said...

Oh! Lily you are so sweet! yes, that's our townhome we lived there 2yrs. ago. We've just been renting it out, but we just live right across from there-juniper heights area. How in the world is Donnie doing? That's crazy you still keep in touch!!:)) Are you done having kids? One more? Well, you should because you have the CUTEST kids EVER!!

Bingham fam said...

FUN!! I love lake powell, however I haven't been there in a long time. Thanks for your nice comments on my blog. It was really nice of you, It gave me a little boost in my self esteem, because I never feel cute after having a baby. YOur family is so cute by the way!!!

Merri Hackett said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm jealous!!