Shawn * Lily * Gavin * Dallin * Maile * Brooks

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Shawn


Happy 34th Birthday Shawn! Now I'm going to brag about you!


Shawn was born July 8th, 1974 in Chicago Illinois while his Dad was attending dental school at Northwestern University.

Shawn and his family moved to Orange county California after his Dad finished dental school and that is where he grew up.

Shawn is the oldest of 5 siblings.

Shawn Graduated from San Clemente High school in 1992.

Shawn was set apart as a missionary by Elder Hartmen Rector Jr. of the Seventy in 1995.

Shawn served a two year mission for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints from 1995-1997 in the Albuquerque, New Mexico mission- he served for six months on the Navajo reservation and learned some of the Navajo Language and traditions.

Because of his missions, Shawn now LOVES green chilies and talks about them all the time!

Shawn has an extensive knowledge of the scriptures. In our previous ward, he was the gospel doctrine teacher for 3 years- that was one long calling.

Shawn is 1/8th Chinook Indian. He has a tattoo on his arm of the tribes fish.

Shawn is a Graduate of the University of Utah.

Shawn can skateboard like no other. You know those dudes you see skating around town and you think they are good? Well Shawn can skate way better than that!

Shawn is crazy and very brave, once he rode his skateboard down the steep winding hill near the Provo temple (foothill Drive?).

Shawn nearly married 2 girls before we dated. Oh I am so glad he waited for me, I love him bunches!

Shawn has beautiful eyes, his color is beautiful and there is something about the way they sit back into his head that makes them so cute- our little boy Dallin's eyes look just like his.

Shawn is the most handy man on the block. He can fix ANYTHING. He is also great at home improvements. He is always so willing to assist his wife with non stop home decor. painting, adding trim- you name it, he can do it, and do it well. He is exceptional at planting and taking care of our yard.

He loves aviation. He is enthralled with airplanes, helicopters and fighter jets and space travel.

Shawn is a great Dad and husband. He has a way of making us all feel so special to him.

Happy Birthday Shawn! We hope you have a great day. We Love you- Lily, Gavin, Dallin, Maile and Brooks

8 comments:

Jen said...

Yeah! Happy Birthday Shawn we sure hope its a good one! Wish we were there to celebrate with you. Love you loads!

Ray, Jen and girls

Mardi and Jeremey said...

34? Wow! I would have guessed he was only turning 29 or so. Hope you guys have a great day!

AND- You need to send him over to my house. I have lots of projects that could use a skilled hand!

Merri Hackett said...

Happy Birthday Shawn!!

Campbellite said...

I have to agree with Lily here. Shawn is one exceptional guy and I've witnessed first hand what an awesome father and husband he is to his family. Sure love ya, Shawn, and I always love talking with you. Happy birthday, bro.

Tammy said...

Those are fun things to learn about Shawn. Good thing he waited, huh? He wouldn't have found you! Shawn sounds a lot like my father-in-law, computers, airplanes, handyman. They would really get along.

Steff said...

Happy Birthday Shawn! You forgot to add that he rescues 3 year olds that have run away from home. I know it may not seem like a big deal but that could have been a really horrible situation and I'm SO thankful Shawn was paying attention (unlike us). I just keep thinking about what could have happened and feel sick. THANKS again for bringing him home.

Shawn said...

Thanks for the b day wishes everyone.

Shawn

Anonymous said...

WOW! These are interesting things...You know, Hartman Rector Jr. married Wayne and I in the SLC temple. (I used to work at the Church Office Bldg. and I worked with Elder Rector.)

And I know why he loves green chiles.....you should smell them roasting outside...I loved living in AZ.

Boy your kids are so beautiful! I love you all! Terra