Wow, my blog title kind of makes me feel tired.We had lot's to do all last week in California.
Dallin had a tooth that developed incorrectly,so we decided to head out to California so Grandpa Richard could fix his teeth. We all needed a check up anyhow. It was a great excuse for a vacation!
The ride was long and stressful. We are ~SOOO lucky~ to have a baby who hates being stuck in his car seat. So, we drove mainly in the evening to the wee hours of the morning just for him. He was okay on the drive there. The drive home wasn't so pleasant. About 5 hours into the trip Brooks decided to puke all over himself. I was sitting in the back and had the pleasure of catching all the puke and cleaning him up. We thought he was just car sick. So we got him all cleaned up and back in the seat and hit the road. We stopped a short time later in St. George to visit my parents and a few siblings. Brooks was acting funny the whole time at my parents home. He was being so shy and putting his head down into the ground when somebody would look at him or talk to him. It was funny. Aside from that, he was just acting different. He wouldn't eat and wouldn't hold still. After leaving their home, about an hour into that ride he puked again. It was EVERYWHERE, and I was stressing out as usual. I got him out of the chair and was wiping him up and he puked again, this time ALL OVER ME! Yum....... After that clean up he didn't puke again. But I had to sleep by him that night when we got home, to make sure he didn't puke and choke. Luckily there was no more puke. He did however keep me up most of the night rolling around. He still doesn't feel that great. His appetite isn't quite back. It's been weird not seeing him devour the food you offer him.
Sunday morning Maile came out of the boys bedroom and said: "oh yuck, I puked in the floor". Apparently she was a little to full of water and juice and burped or something and puked a little on my boys bedroom rug. So Sunday I had the pleasure of cleaning up more puke.Gotta love being a parent- even if it involves puke.
Enough about puke.
California was so much fun. We went to the Aquarium of the pacific in Long Beach. It was a huge place with indoor and outdoor exhibits. We also went to the beach a bunch of times and it was so relaxing. The sound of the waves rolling in is truly theraputic. And do you know how cool it is to be at church and look out the foyer doors and see the beautiful beach from Sacrament meeting? It was so cool. I got a few cool pictures of my handsome Husband body boarding in the waves. It's funny how when you see your spouse do something out of your "norm" and they instantly become more attractive. So what I'm trying to say here is that from my perspective in the beach, Shawn was hot :)
Grandma Robin took us to the Ranch to ride her horse DJ. The kids loved it. It was sure dusty there though. The ranch owner came to the stall and had his rotweiler with him. It was the nicest dog. Maile just sat with it and petted and dropped sand on it's paws. I don't think the dog even flinched.
One evening we had a bonfire on the beach. Maile, being the sneak she is, ran right down to the shore and let herself get pounded by waves in her dry clothes. Thankfully she was able to borrow her Cousin Abby's extra set of clothes. Maile loved playing with her cousin Abby. They are about 7 months apart. I think she thought it was fun playing with another girl.
Dallin had a bunch of cavitites drilled and filled and we all had check ups and a little work too. Our Grandpa is so good to take care of us. We got sent home with strict instructions to make sure our kids are flossing. So now I am a nazi floss Mom.
I will post a slide show of all our pictures later. It was hard to come home after 7 days at the beach.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008
The beach, bonfire,horse ride, aquarium and dental check-ups!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Wow, you had a really busy trip! Glad you had a nice time...except the puking stuff. That's no fun, especially on a trip! He didn't seem too sick today, so he must be feeling better.
Yeah, that was me, Keri.
I love that pic of Maile checking out the aquariums! So dang cute!
It sure was good to see you guys, even it was for just a few moments. We are glad you guys made it home safe. love you guys and hope to see you this weekend.
Jen
sounds like fun, except for all the PUKE!!! I guess that is part of having kids. Darn it! Hopefully everyone feels better now
I know all about long, CA driving trips...come see!
tuiaana.blogspot.com
Love the pics Lily!
jt
You are stronger than I am!! I HATE puke!! :)
Post a Comment