Shawn * Lily * Gavin * Dallin * Maile * Brooks

Monday, December 1, 2008

Polar Express Ride- Funny Lamp!

Well, after unsuccessfully posting all my Thankful things last week I decided I would just start fresh this week and post my newest pictures. We had Thanksgiving with some of my family members at our house this year and so last week was busy and a bit of a blur.

Friday evening we headed up to the polar express (Heber creeper). It was cold but really fun. Our kids had a great time looking in the gift shop at all the train toys, nick knacks and other items. Mrs. Claus was even there. We weren't able to get a good picture in front of the train because her Miss Maile was being her usual self in public (tantrums) . The speaker system inside the train kept going out and so we didn't have much entertainment on they way up to the North Pole. The hot chocolate was a little watery, maybe because I usually load up our hot chocolate? Santa came around on each car of the train and talked to every child. Brooks surprisingly didn't cry at him, however he didn't like the elf. Maile was brave and actually talked to him. She told him she wanted a kitchen for Christmas. Gavin & Dallin had expensive wish lists, but we weren't surprised. All in all it was a good time.






Check out this picture. We were driving home from Heber that evening and passed this house in S. F. with the leg lamp from a Christmas story in the front window. You know, the 1st prise the father wins that the mother breaks?Oh ya, we had a good laugh and swung back around to take a picture. To funny!

6 comments:

Jason and Lesley said...

How fun! That would've been so fun to do as a kid. :) Thanks for your message. You really are great-I loved cuddling with you when I was little too. I also remember you painting my toenails for me...I liked that.. :0) Hopefully we'll be able to see you sometime this month!

Cheryl said...

That is soooo funny!! That's one of my favorite Xmas movies!! I'm glad that you were able to do the Polar Express...I hope to make it one year it looks like fun.

Scott and Michelle said...

FUN. I have always wanted to go but never did. I like the background. I almost chose that one, but then went for basic. Hey I just realized the song playing is the one I was trying to find last time I added christmas music. I will have to add it know that I know the name.

Merri Hackett said...

Ha ha I saw a Christmas Ornament the other day of the leg lamp, it cracks me up all the time!

Hupp Family said...

That's awesome! What a fun idea for a FHE. The train thing not going and buying the leg lamp ;)

Unknown said...

Cute Family! Mery Christmas.