Shawn * Lily * Gavin * Dallin * Maile * Brooks

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Be a Creator

I came across this wonderful message today. It was timely for me, because this subject has been on my mind a lot. I always find myself looking for the next thing in my home that I can change, beautify, or reconstruct. I am a person who looks for the beauty in anything. When I sit in my front room, or in our yard, I feel so much peace and happiness because of the surroundings that Shawn and I have created. For me, this also goes for music. There is nothing that fills up my little soul like sitting down at the piano, and playing arrangements long ago mastered. The past few months I have really been wondering why is it that I feel so drawn to beautifying all that is around me. I have come to realize that it is just apart of who I am. I think I have really embraced it.

And now, a little sneak peek of our 'creations'- if you care to see anyhow :)

I made some hair clips.




What about this little 'creation'......... :)

What do you like to create?

7 comments:

Jason and Lesley said...

What an awesome post, Lil! I love to "create" things too! I absolutely love everything you've done with your house. You are amazing. :)
When you were talking about you sitting down at the piano it reminded me of when I was little and listening to you play. I loved that. I still hope that someday I can play the piano like my aunt Lily. :)
Love you!
Lesley Magoo

Steff said...

Your house is beautiful. You really do have a special talent in creating beautiful things. I enjoy looking at the neat things other people come up with when decorating their houses. I admire you.

P.S.- Please remind me to never send Charlie over to your home. ;)

Unknown said...

I love that talk! It always gives me chills. Your house is amazing, by the way. I love to create pretty things through sewing. I have only been sewing less than a year but I love it and I love how I feel when I make something that looks good!

Loni said...

I love to create organization. I get a lot pleasure from making something that is out of control into something neat and tiddy It makes me feel great. Plus I'm with you, I love to create/design rooms that are all mine. It is so fun!
I love your creations, you are so talented!

Jeni said...

Wonderful post, Lily. You are inspirational!
Come do a project with me some time. I love to recreate old frames, tables, dressers, etc. I'm getting ready to rehaul my bedroom dressers. So much fun! Do you know how to woodwork? I think it would be a blast to make your own tables, paint them, then sell them. Too much fun.

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

You have such an adorable blog, home and family. I don't know if you remember me, but I am Loni's older sister and I love to read your blog. Will you add me to your view list when you go private? bllrdowney(at)gmail(dot)com
Thanks!

Jen said...

I lalalalalalove the hair clips me wanty!!! Hope all is well sure love you guys!
Jen