A couple of weeks before Christmas, I had a weird thing happen. I kept reading on my facebook that a lot of my neighbors were coming down with the stomach flu. I kept thinking they are lucky it's now instead of on Christmas eve or day. Well, I just kept having this feeling that our family was going to be sick this Christmas. I would push that thought out of my mind, but it kept creeping back. I would tell myself that it was just my mind playing tricks. But still the feeling kept coming.
If you saw the post below, you know that we went to Maile's Preschool program and then a family party after wards. Well, at the end of the evening at that family party, Maile came to Shawn and told him she felt sick. He just happened to be talking to her right next to the bathroom. I came over and took one look at Maile's face and shoved her right into the bathroom where she immediately threw up in the trash can (thank heavens there was a liner in it!). Poor little girl was sick! So we went home and both Shawn and I were up nearly the whole night with a sick little Maile. She threw up nearly every 30 minutes for about 5 hours. We have a stash of anti nausea the Dr. prescribed one of our kids awhile ago, so we ended up giving her a little of that which helped a lot. She finally fell asleep for longer than 30 minutes around 3 am.
Maile was sick for about 3 days off and on. I think the nausea would come and go. This was on Dec. 18th to the 20th. Well, on December 22, Shawn and I were woken by Dallin who said Brooks was throwing up in his bed. I guess somebody had to be next right? He was the worst! He threw up a few times everyday for 5 days. I did a ton of laundry and clorox wipe downs. Luckily, we always had a bowl around to catch the random throw up times. So our carpet was never a victim! Well, I guess one exception where I was the victim. I was folding clothes in my bedroom and Brooks walked up to me and lurched out the entire contents of his stomach on me! Yuck!
Christmas Eve we got up and Shawn and I were able to hit the gym. Late morning we got the kids all ready and headed to the movies. Brooks was acting normal and had not thrown up since the day before. Everything was perfect!
We had a great day. We saw Alvin and the Chipmunks, stopped at the store for a gingerbread house for the kids to build. We got home and I had both my new running shoes come. I was stoked! A little later, we packed the kids back in the car and headed to Cafe rio for Christmas Eve dinner. We decided that is what we wanted to do this year, since we always make a big homemade meal Christmas Eve. We thought we'd do that on Christmas day this year instead.
A little later at home, the kiddos built their gingerbread house and I made homemade cookies. They opened presents from the parentals. New pajamas! It was so cute how excited Brooks was about them!!
We are sneaky on Christmas eve! We tip toe in and out of the garage with all the gifts and the kids never hear us! We got everything all set up. Candy bowls and plates filled, stockings done! We headed upstairs with a big plate of pie and whipped topping, watched some of the movie 'a Christmas story' and drifted off to sleep....so sleepy.......until we heard Brooks crying at midnight. Oh yes, he had thrown up in his bed again! We had to strip his bed and give him anti nausea meds. He was fine the rest of the night.
Christmas morning was so fun. I think our kids got everything their little hearts desired.
Not to sound like a complainer, but I hope you all had a little bit better Christmas day than us! :)

2 comments:
Oh, sorry for all the sickness. But it does sound like you got some fun activities in for Christmas! Your kids look like they had a great Christmas too!
Oh my GOSH! That is absolutely ridiculous! Just reading this post is making me feel nauseated! LOL!!! I guess one thing is for sure... you guys had a Christmas you'll never forget!
Post a Comment