Busy month! This sucks!
I have 4 kids and Christmas shopping for them is a true feat! Well honestly, I have to admit, I left most of Gavin and Dallin's shopping to Shawn. I don't know what to buy for boys- I have finally given up. I am not good at shopping for them anymore, I don't know what they like. Well, except for their clothes, I will always be good at that! They wrote down Christmas lists, but Dallin's hand writing was so darn sloppy I couldn't even read it! The only thing that was legible was he wanted some new shirts. Ah ha! I am good at that!
Dallin had a 3rd grade Christmas program around the middle of December. It was so cute. Well, I was a little disappointed when we got there and noticed all the kids wearing Christmas colored shirts and Dallin WAS NOT. Holy moly he was wearing bright blue! Dallin never gives me notes anymore and so I had no clue he was supposed to be wearing something special. So as you can see our dear Dallin in blue really stuck out in the crowd! After this night, I decided I am going to start going through his backpack again looking for parent notes. I've been so out of the loop this year.
The next week we had Maile's preschool Christmas program. It was so cute. There were plenty of giggles and laughs, as it is always so funny to watch little preschoolers try to sit still and perform anything. She did such a good job. She's our little singer! She belted out every song full force. When I got home and looked at the pictures from her program I cried a little. She has grown up so much. I miss the Baby hood of my little girl. Where did the time go?
After Maile's program we headed over to my Brothers house for a Family Christmas party for those of us who still live in Northern Utah. The cousins had a blast together. We had delicious Pizza, root beer and all the yummy Christmas treats everybody brought to share with each other. While the kids were practicing wrestling moves downstairs in Nate and Brooks house (crazy boys) us adults played the game mad gab. I haven't laughed so hard for so long. That is fun game. I am totally buying it! The funniest phrase was when my Brother Stew and his wife Lindsey were trying to say "icing on the cake". My Sister Yvonne and I nearly peed ourselves laughing. So Funny! I can't even describe it. A good time and a great Decmeber had by all. More to come of our Christmas soon.....



Sunday, December 27, 2009
A December to Remember
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh Lily, I can totally sympathize with the "not telling you about the colored shirt" thing. Nic was supposed to be an elf for their 4th grade program and as we were walking out the door, he told me he should probably be wearing a red or green shirt! Oh my! Nice timing! He didn't even have a clean red or green shirt, so I sent him in a white one! It all worked out, but it sure would have been nice if he would have told me sooner! AUGH! Boys!
Looks like a fun December! I love Mad Gab too! Mikki and I used to play it all the time-it's a hoot!
Lily--that is hilarious about Dallin and his "bright blue shirt"...that is something funny to remember about for years to come. You guys sure have cute kids! We love all of them!
Much love,
Stewy
Post a Comment