Shawn * Lily * Gavin * Dallin * Maile * Brooks

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Dejavu & Spring-like thoughts

I felt like it was dejavu yesterday when a dump truck pulled up to our house and dumped a load of topsoil next to our yard. Didn't we just go through this 2-3 years ago? Yard be done! Go away! In my dreams! My one man machine took 1 wheelbarrow at a time of topsoil and dumped into our side yard (that was supposed to be the vegetable garden). We are putting sod in there for now since we never got kickin' in the Vegi Garden. This spring we are finishing the planting in the backyard as well. We need trees and shrubs and flowers back there. We bought a basketball hoop for the patio slab as well. Our backyard kind of feels like a mini play land. Gavin and Dallin were a huge help to Shawn. They earned some money helping as well. It's going to be fun the next couple of weeks keeping the little kiddos out of the dirt though. My house is going to go through the dirty floor stage again uggh


Where do you two think you're going?



Spring is here, I have had the overwhelming urge to spring clean and organize. I've spent a lot of time throwing out old clothes, shoes, old books, papers & mail. My oh my, these kids of mine grow out of clothing fast! Needless to say I am always going through kids clothes to get rid of things that have holes, to small etc. I feel so much better when the house is organized.

Since I hurt my ankle last summer, I never did run a half marathon. So it looks like this year is the year. Time to start those long runs outside in the mornings. I am going to really miss running with my friend Merri since she is prego right now. She's due beginning of June, so she may be back at it in June or July. Keeping my fingers crossed Merri! At least I'll have my two friends Garmin and pepper spray ha ha! Hope I can keep my ankles healthy and strong. They tend to want to sprain easily I noticed. Especially lately during my dance class. I dance in bare feet on a wood floor. Really hope I don't injure myself between that time....

2 comments:

Merri Hackett said...

Yeah lily! Good luck with the race!!! You can run a 1/2 with NO PROBLEMS!!!!

Merri Hackett said...

I think Tammy is doing the Provo 1/2 on May 1st. You should look into that one too.