Shawn * Lily * Gavin * Dallin * Maile * Brooks

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Memorial 5k

I ran another 5k the Saturday before Memorial day and I finished first place overall Female and 7th runner through the finish line. I had a goal to do it in 20 minutes or under but I didn't quite break it. Oh well, there is still all summer to run another one. I won money and a gift certificate to a nice Steak house. I had a lot of fun and it was weird not to see any other females throughout the whole race because I was the head of the pack.

I feel really blessed and I think about it all the time that I am healthy and given the ability to use my body to do something that I think is noteworthy. I think it's okay to feel proud at times, and this is one of those times for me. I have put a lot of effort into intense training this last year to gain more speed and it has paid off. It's kind of hard for me to post pictures of myself like this because:

center of attention=uncomfortable

I am silly I know.




A first place medal to hang up.

5 comments:

The Chizel Family said...

Way to go!!

Maren said...

Congratulations! That's awesome.

Jyl said...

OMG! I am seriously so proud of you!.... and a little jealous, not that you can run so quick. not that you won a metal, and not because you are so motivated,,,,,, BUT BECAUSE YOU LOOK SO SEXY EVEN AFTER RUNNING! SHEESH! you go girl!

Merri Hackett said...

Nice job!!! You are great!!!

Liz said...

That is AMAZING Lily!! I'm so dang proud of you! :)