A day I will never forget.
I have trained so hard this last 9 months.
Speed workouts, tempo runs. Lot's of running, period. My legs have never been on the move so much in my life!
This summer with some encouragement, I registered for my first marathon:
The top of Utah Marathon. As the date approached, I started
getting discouraged and thought maybe I shouldn't do it.
I felt unsure about what my body would do in those higher mileages.
I'm so glad I didn't give in and make an excuse not to do it.
Best part: doing it with my friend Julie. Even though we didn't
run together because of a little pace difference, we did stay together at the motel with
her family, and we rode up on the buses and all the pre-race things
together. We encouraged each other and relaxed and had a great time.
Pretty much, we had a great summer together training on the Spanish Fork River Trail.
Best summer of my life.
I wish there was some way that I could have had a 'life camera' following me around that day and filming all that I saw and said, all of my huge smiles that I ran with, the loud singing and happiness that was bursting out of my very being during this race. I have never felt so sure of myself. Not in my whole life! I knew that my mind and body were ready for the monster called the Marathon. I was fit in both body and mind. It felt absolutely amazing!
I approached the finish line^^^ with SO MUCH emotion It was so, so so paramount for me
to actually drive away my apprehensive thoughts and show up to this race and command my finish. The finish was the sweetest sweetness I have ever felt. Well, maybe minus the days my 4 precious babies were born :)
I was the 11th overall female finisher of 901 females.
57th person overall of 2200 male and female runners.
I smashed the Boston Marathon qualifying time by 31 minutes.
My Marathon time 3:09:03 For a first marathon??? I couldn't have asked for more. Seriously!



8 comments:
Love the pictures!
you are amazing! And seriously sooo HOT! Even after a race???? thats not fair!
I am so proud of you!
That was a day not to forget. You are such a determined person and you earned every bit of that glory.
Can't wait until next year!
Congrats on the race time. I can't believe how fast you ran, and you were nervous!:) I hope you get the chance to go to Boston, that would be awesome!
Way to go Lily! I love all the pictures you got of the race day! :) You are on fire! How inspiring you are to others! I love it!
Both of you ladies rock!! You did so awesome and I can't wait to see how you do in Boston!!! GO LILY!
well, i am quite late posting about this but...this is awesome! you ran so well at TOU. and i love the pictures.
i'm telling you, the best thing that happened to me that day was when i found you in that awful, stuffy tent. i was so nervous and you saved the day with your hilarious commentary. i'm glad to know you, lily.
i love these pictures! (i just voted for #3!!!). i especially love the one where you are looking back at the clock. you can just barely see your face but you can tell there's a huge smile there. love it.
Post a Comment